The Journey for HFS began at the end of 2005 when the Diocese brought Professor Lewis to Australia. After attending a two day conference we began to re-assess our Behaviour Management/Pastoral Care Policy within the school. The school had been working on a level system which was viewed by many staff, parents and, more importantly, students as unfair and punitive. It had served its purpose and it was time for an overhaul of beliefs, practices and understanding. PBS, whilst not a package, seemed to be the most practical way to go.
An action plan was developed with the aim to:
- review current the Behaviour Management Plan of the school;
- build a positive school climate through:
- academic engagement and achievement;
- the active teaching and encouragement of respectful and responsible behaviours
- a continuum of Positive Behaviour Support to all students.